Did you know that natural red hair occurs on approximately 1–2% of the human population? From auburn to strawberry, there are many shades of red and Patrick Taleb Salon can help you achieve your perfect hue. Anyone that has tried to go red will tell you, it tends to fade fast. The scientific reason for this is that red is the largest hair color molecule and therefore the most difficult to maintain.We’ve got some advice on how to achieve the perfect red and make it last!
- Finding the right shade really depends on your skin tone. Ask your Patrick Taleb stylist for advice on which shade will work for you.
- Apply color on CLEAN hair. Yes, ignore what you heard about using color on dirty hair. The color will penetrate better on clean strands.
- Ask your stylist to apply a color glaze; this will add shine in between colors.
- After coloring your hair, try to go at least 3 days without washing to prevent fading.
- When you do wash, using cold or lukewarm water and sulphate-free shampoo like Kerstase Chroma Sensitive will help extend the life of your color.
- To keep your red from becoming “brassy”, try keeping direct sun exposure to a minimum. If you go to a tanning salon, make sure to use a shower cap to protect your red.
We hope this guide helps you extend the life of your glorious red hair. Who has your favorite red hair color? Let us know in the comments below!