This Memorial Day Weekend, we want you prepared to fight the frizz. All the grillin’ and outdoor chillin’ can take a toll on your hair, especially in this South Florida heat. Patrick Taleb Salon is giving you ways to keep your hair looking cool even when as the temperature rises!
- Olive Oil Mask: Not only is it great in your salad dressings, but olive oil can actually help tame frizz. We love this great homemade recipe for an olive oil mask. Wrap the olive oil on your hair in plastic wrap and wait 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Remember to only put it on the ends of your hair.
- Seal the Deal: As you may know, frizz is caused by raised hair cuticles that have a lack of moisture. It’s also brought on by humidity. By using a de-frizz serum to seal and protect, such as Kerastase Oleo Relax, your hair will be protected and moisturized.
- Trim Time: Split ends are one of the leading causes of frizz. By scheduling routine trims around 6 weeks apart, you will banish split ends and help to control frizz.
- Don’t Brush: Combing your hair instead of using a brush will help to alleviate frizz. If you have curly or wavy hair, using a brush can damage your hair. Use a wide tooth comb instead!
- Chill Out: Sealing your hair cuticles with a burst of cold water at the end of your shower can help combat frizz once your hair is dry. If you can stand the cold, give this one a try!
Bonus Tip: Keep some dryer sheets in your purse. They are a great way to quickly zap frizz in a pinch.
How do you keep frizz at bay? Let us know in the comments below!