School’s out for summer and that means plenty of backyard BBQ’s, pool parties and all around outdoor enjoyment. We can’t blame you for having some outdoor fun this summer. But remember that humidity, direct sunlight and harmful chlorine are all damaging to your locks. Here at Patrick Taleb Salon, we want you to have the proper prevention to keep your hair healthy all summer long!
- Whenever you’re exposed to the sun, try to keep your hair protected with a cool hat or funky scarf. This is especially important for blondes as the sun tends to make your hair even lighter.
- If covering your hair is not an option, make sure to coat your locks with a leave-in conditioner that contains sunscreen. Yes, your hair needs sunscreen too!
- If you forget to bring a leave-in conditioner with sunscreen on your vacation, you can use regular sunscreen in a pinch. However, at the end of the day, make sure to rinse thoroughly with a deep-cleaning shampoo.
- Before jumping in the pool, rinse your hair with non-chlorinated water. That way, your hair will absorb less chlorine.
- Wash your hair with sulfate-free shampoo. During the summer months, a lighter shampoo will keep your hair from feeling heavy…especially if you are washing more often.
- Try to use dry shampoo to keep your hair clean between regular shampoos. The less you shampoo, the better off your hair will be.
- Keeping your hair in a tight bun or braid will also reduce the amount of damage caused by the summer environment; not to mention keeping you looking cute.
- During the summer, schedule deep-condition treatments at the salon every 4-6 weeks. It will replenish your strands and repair sun damage.
What are your plans this summer? Share with us in the comments below!