How To: Clean Your Hairbrush
As the end of summer approaches in Weston, Florida, we here at Patrick Taleb Salon & Spa are continuing to feel the heat! All summer long, your hair takes a beating with sweat, oils and humidity. This can create build-up on your beauty products. Hair brushes are often traps for all of the above plus dust and dirt. Things can become gross pretty fast. As an added bonus, having a clean hair brush will result in cleaner, shiner hair.
- First, begin by removing all the loose hair strands that have accumulated in the brush. You can use a comb, pen or a pair of scissors to gently guide through the bristles and pick up the hair.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and add a few drops of your favorite shampoo. Place your brush in the bowl and swirl around for three to four minutes.
- Take your pen or comb and slide it through the brush one more time to pick up any leftover hair and dirt.
- Give it one last rinse under warm, running water.
- Once your hair brush is clean, you can blow-dry it or place the brush upside down on a towel to get all the moisture out.
- Enjoy your clean hair brush!
To avoid build up, we recommend cleaning your brush once a week. This ensures you’re removing all the hair and grime.
Do you clean your brush every week? Let us know your routine in the comments below!