Ever wonder how Kim Kardashian and other famous girls get that perfect bun-on-top-of-the-head look? I bet you didn’t know the secret weapon to that top knot is a sock! Yes, that’s right a sock. We’ve broken down the steps you’ll need to know to create the perfect high bun. Also, you can watch this step by step sock bun video from Mr. Kate.
- Start by finding a sock that resembles your hair color. Doesn’t have to be a perfect match but if you have dark hair you’d want to use a black sock and so on.
- Cut the top of the foot of the sock off and discard.
- Now that your sock has a hole at the top and the bottom, carefully roll one end of the sock down to form a donut. You hair will go in the middle of the hole you created.
- Gather your hair into a ponytail. If you want the top bun look, create a ponytail on the top of your head. The location of the ponytail is up to you!
- Place the tip of your ponytail inside the sock donut hole. Spread the ends of your hair over the top of the sock and start moving your way down.
- Tuck, roll and repeat.
- Once the sock bun reaches your head you will want to secure with bobby pins. Also make sure to spread your hair around the top of the sock to fill in any gaps.
Volia! You have created a celeb worthy style in minutes. Not only will you impress your friends, but your hair volume will look as though it doubled over night.
Have you tried the sock bun yet? Let us know in the comments below!